Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Researching for a novel idea

So tell me, how would you rig a house to blow up with a gas stove in the kitchen, propane tank in the basement, and the heroes of your story have to survive the blast to escape the haunted house? I've got my characters into a pickle. Can you imagine typing that criteria into the search engine. The FBI would flag my computer in an instant. 
That's one of those things that goes right up with my oldest, at the age of six, walking out of the kids section of the library. When I asked him where he was going, he replied, "I'm going to ask them where they keep the books for making a homemade bomb." All the faces that turned to look his way and mine. He had just started watching Myth Busters blow things up and really wanted to experiment. Needless to say -we didn't stay long in the library that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment